Announcing our 2022 charity partner
We are proud to be supporting Welsh Refugee Council as our Charity Partner for the 2022 summer festival.
Every year they help over 3,000 asylum seekers and refugees to build new futures through specialist advice, support, and advocacy services.
We have, once again, seen devastating images of families and lives torn apart by war. People forced to flee, through no fault of their own. With record numbers of people already displaced by conflict and the escalating war in Ukraine, we expect to see thousands more people in need of support here in the UK over the coming weeks. You can help support refugees, like those from Ukraine, who come to rebuild their lives in Wales. Donate today and support the work of The Welsh Refugee Council.
- £10 could allow a refugee to develop their English language skills.
- £15 could help a refugee who has had their entire life turned upside down to speak to one of our expert Case Workers for an hour.
- £30 could fund our free Triage Support line service for an hour, guiding people in need through the uncertainty of their protection status and rights here in the UK.
- £100 could help our Volunteer Team train and induct volunteers; welcoming people to our offices, leading language classes or providing tailored peer to peer support in their new community.
- £1,900 could fund an Advice and Support Case Worker for one month. On average our case workers support 36 asylum seekers or refugees per month through 100 support sessions either face to face, over the phone, or email.